Commercial Road - Portsmouth
Christmas Charity Drive
After the strangest year that most of us have experienced in our lifetimes, Christmas is likely going to be no different. We know that some people won’t be able to have the Christmas that they normally would and will be relying a little bit more on the generosity of others.
In light of that, our very own Tamzin Baily has made it her mission to spread a little bit of Christmas cheer. We’ll be buying various gifts, amenities and other lovely bits, in addition to collecting and donating items from our own team - all in time for Christmas!
We’re donating items to the following charities:
- Roberts Centre - a multi-function centre helping children, supporting those in danger of homelessness, contact centre, prevention of those engaging in anti-social behaviour. They’re in need of board games of all ages, Christmas crackers, arts and crafts activities and satsumas.
- Portsmouth Foodbank – they’re after Christmas chocolates and luxury items (such as toiletries etc.)
- Salvation Army - in need of items for their Christmas appeal (gifts for children younger/younger and non-perishable food)
- Conor’s Toy Library - Portsmouth based charity providing Community Toy Library sessions, toy loan and 1:1 support for hard to reach and vulnerable families within the City. The mobile Toy Library visits local hostels, refuge centres and The Teenage Parents Project. They’re in need of gifts for children, luxury food items for families and any other such items such as food, nappies, wipes, sanitary items, baby milk, wash items etc.
- Stubbington Ark – a local animal shelter in Stubbington. They’re in need of dog food and toys.
- Portsmouth Cat Home - in need of a carrier to rescue the animals
- Clothing bank – are in need of clothes, paired shoes, handbags, ties, belts, bed clothes, towels or soft toys
- Two Saints - a charity providing accommodation for 16-25 year old’s who are homeless or at risk of homelessness. They provide a variety of supported accommodation for clients experiencing mental health issues or substance misuse issues. They’re in need of canned food, tea, coffee, sugar, wash items, cutlery and socks.
- Stop Domestic Abuse – in need of new toys for children and gifts for mums and dads who have escaped domestic violence.
We’ve had an overwhelming response from everyone so far and have an office full of items.
We’re still taking donations (and will be doing another huge supermarket shop!) and are also looking at donating some money to the charities directly. For example, £48 to the Salvation Army feeds four elderly people on Christmas Day who don’t have any family to visit.
If you’d like to get involved, please call Tamzin on 02392 822616
Because we play by the book we want to tell you that…
Your home may be repossessed if you do not keep up repayments on your mortgage.
There may be a fee for mortgage advice. The actual amount you pay will depend upon your circumstances.
The fee is up to 1%, but a typical fee is 0.3% of the amount borrowed.