What you’ll need for your mortgage appointment
Please make sure you have the following information to hand for your mortgage appointment so we can ensure it goes as smoothly as possible.
- Last three months' bank statements
- Last three months' wage slips and details of any guaranteed overtime, bonus or commission
- If you are self-employed, you'll need to bring the last three years' proof of accounts
- Any details of existing mortgage/loans or credit card commitments
- Any details of any arrears, defaults, County Court Judgments (if applicable)
- Details of any existing life insurance, endowment, savings, pensions or healthcare policies
- Identification, e.g., driving licence or passport (you’ll only need this if your appointment is face-to-face/or after your initial call to allow us to process things for you)
- Proof of address, e.g. utility bill dated within last three months
- P60 (if available)
To obtain a Decision in Principle (DIP), we need to have proof of identification, address and income on file.
It's helpful to have a copy of your credit report to hand as well. You can easily obtain your copy online (often for free).
A protection review should take around an hour and it'd be useful if you could have:
- Any benefits from your employer e.g. death in service and sick pay
- The amount outstanding on your mortgage
- Any protection plans that you may already have alongside any we have put in place for you.
Thank you and we look forward to speaking with you!
Because we play by the book we want to tell you that…
Your home may be repossessed if you do not keep up repayments on your mortgage.
There may be a fee for mortgage advice. The actual amount you pay will depend upon your circumstances.
The fee is up to 1% but a typical fee is 0.3% of the amount borrowed.
Download your free first time buyers’ guide
Find out everything you need to know about buying your first home, from working out how much you can afford, to top tips on viewing housing and much more.Download guide
Fill out your details below and one of our friendly advisers will get in touch.